Old 07-11-14, 03:44 AM
Campagnono

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Paris-Brest-Paris 2015, Garmin 510, How Best to Capture a Single 60 Hour Ride?

Greetings all.

I rode PBP 2011 with an iPhone 4 and multiple Mophie juice packs. This was in the early days of Strava, and I was trying to be ambitious and epic and get a huge single effort (albeit with naps) ride recorded.

However, my ambition was beyond my logistical planning, and I only ended up with 650km recorded before I had a dead iPhone and seven dead Mophies. The single proprietary USB cable (the old Mophies did not have the USB flap, just a unique plug interface) I used to charge the Mophies while resting also fell out of my jersey during a feeding, and so my dreams of the big effort being recorded died there along with the batteries. I'd prefer to not have to use the iPhone again as I had to jump through hoops with my cell provider to suspend a contract, then get a temporary contract with SFR in France, pay extra fees, etc.

Next year I hope to use my Garmin 510 on the ride. But I have no toys that allow for continual recording over huge rides. What is the easiest, lightest option out there? Cost isn't an issue for me as this will be a Christmas gift from my wife.

I'd like to break 60 hours this year and have indisputable evidence to that end. The "PBP Day 1, Part 1...PBP Day 2, Part 2..." Strava activity charting method would be heinous and is really out of the question. First world problem, for sure, but...any suggestions?

Cheers.