View Single Post
Old 07-11-14, 11:36 AM
truflip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ketsana
I wouldn't be comfortable buying a bike that someone claims is a khs but really is the famous kilo.
I know they are the same but still, false advertisement is not cool.
I wonder if maybe he bought it off someone who claimed it was a KHS. I like to give the benefit of the doubt but he did mention he's the original owner so meh....
I actually made an offer closer to $300 based on the info I gathered/learned. Never got a response.
Maybe cause the last point i made was it wasnt a KHS
Originally Posted by Steev
Bikes Direct do not sell to Canada. It's more likely to be a KHS branded frame in Canada as they are sold here.
KHS bikes here get KHS decals everywhere. Seen a few in person. This is his bike:
Mercier Stripper (WhiteSplash)
Originally Posted by ketsana
Cyclepower has the cheapest Fuji for around $500 I think.

They also have the Raleigh rush hour for 599.
I went there yesterday to check out the Raleigh. Pedals suck. My leather soled shoes kept sliding so I didnt get a chance to really crank it. Brakes performed well. Noticed the wheels were not machined so could be why? Wonder how it'l be if wet. They had the Fuji also. ALexrims and conti tires. Didnt get to ride it since it's not Flip flop and my shoes werent ideal for bike riding. And it had purple writing lol
Overall, the raleigh rode great. couldnt stand the overall look of the bike though. fatter downtube didn't rub me the right way but ill give it another chance tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Jared.
I saw a few Kilo TTs when I lived in Toronto. They get across the border. My Bikes Direct bike snuck into Southern Ontario with me.
Seems I'm finding threads of people shipping them to the border, pick it up and either sneak it in or pay the HST (GST+PST) so I'm not surprised. Going to look into this to see if really HST is the only thing payable (12%) and no duties

On another note, another LBS called and said they got the feather in orange. will check it out and probably my emotions will make me buy it =\