Old 07-12-14, 11:01 AM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by nachoslayer
I lowered my saddle purposely. It was way too high and I could barely even get on the bike. I'd feel more comfortable if I could stand straight up whilst on top of the saddle. I think that would help me a lot more because lowering it as much as I did in the beginning helped A TON once I did. I've heard that fittings cost around that much but to be honest, I know that I couldn't afford that anytime soon. Sucks because I was so looking forward to riding this summer and now that I have 90% learned how to ride my bike, I wanna get out there. But I know that fittings are important. I'm totally not discouraged to the point where I want to stop trying. I wish I could ride right now. But the butt muscle clenching stuff and sores are too much for now haha.
That is way too low. You should be able to stand over the top tube, but not while in the saddle.

You need to learn how to mount and dismount from the saddle. I suspect once you put your saddle back to the correct height, your saddle problems might take care of themselves.