Old 07-12-14, 07:33 PM
ro-monster

Bikes: Pacific Reach, Strida

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Machka
We've been able to get high-speed wireless internet wherever we go ... but one of the places we lived was in a little bit of a dead zone when the wind came up. Not sure why exactly, but if the wind was really strong, it was almost a lost cause to maintain an internet connection for more than about 5 min.
You're thinking of what gets passed off as high speed to residential users. But we run a business that relies on the internet, and the service we have is much much faster than that. There are large portions of the US, even in some urban areas, where this kind of connection isn't obtainable.

Originally Posted by Machka
What is a Zipcar?
Zipcar
A really great alternative to the burden of actually owning a car. I used it when I lived in San Francisco. Within a few minutes' walk from my apartment, I had access to over 30 different cars and trucks anytime I needed to carry something bulky or go somewhere that wasn't easily reached by bike, foot, or transit. It's one thing I miss about living in the city; I've heard that it will finally make it into this area in the next year or two.