Ferdinand NYC

Bikes: Giant road bike

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dahon.Steve;16938,400
Google Maps is dead right!! LOL

There is a bike route that goes under the over pass and actually under the Skyway! It wasn't so bad during the day and not too much overgrowth and glass. I was impressed that Newark actually made a walkway that reaches Raymond Blvd!

You don't have to ride in traffic either because they built a traffic light just for those wanting to cross Raymond Blvd to reach the walkway. How considerate for Newark to build a traffic light just for us! LOL!* I suspect a number of people might have been killed crossing that street and such an accident would stop traffic both ways on RB.

I took pictures and will post shortly. Even thougth it was well lit during the day, I would not try this at night. You don't have to ride on Raymond Blvd because the cars are just too fast. However, the sidewalk is wide with little street activity. While on RB, I decided to go through the neighborhood and discovered it was a huge mistake. I encountered a street walker in broad daylight and the drug dealers acted like they hadn't see a cyclist in 20 years! LOL!
Great! I will look forward to those pictures! And I would like to know exactly where you joined up with Raymond Blvd.

As it happens, I was around there yesterday, as I did a 105-mile round-trip to Morris County. (The hills on Eagle Rock Ave. west from West Orange are terrible, by the way!) I took Doremus south to Roanoke, as previously described.

Here's a nutty question: were you going towards Newark at some time between 5:30 and 6:00 in the late afternoon? I was heading out of Newark back towards Kearny at that point; and I passed someone going the other way on the bridge. That couldn't have been you, could it?