Old 07-15-14, 12:08 AM
ro-monster

Bikes: Pacific Reach, Strida

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Your Favorite Bike Parking

This is undoubtedly familiar to all of us who ride for transportation...you ride your bike to your destination, now where do you park it? It was interesting to see the different streets people ride on in various areas, so let's see pictures of your favorite bike parking! I'm thinking of public facilities; if you park your bike in your office at work, that wouldn't count!

Here's the bike rack outside the local Whole Foods (grocery store). It's great, right outside the entrance, located on a wide sidewalk out of reach of cars, and covered by a roof, which I really appreciate when it's raining. There weren't many bikes when I took the pics, but sometimes both racks are nearly full.

Also, notice the cute knitted snake in the close-up! It's part of a public art project around town; lots of utilitarian things sport whimsical "sweaters." There's even a parking meter garden -- a bunch of retired parking meters turned into an art installation, painted with different scenes or with knitted adornments. You can still feed the meters, and the money goes to charity.

The mountain bike is mine, by the way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
WF.jpg (51.7 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg
WFDetail.jpg (54.6 KB, 209 views)