View Single Post
Old 07-15-14, 07:48 AM
Gramercy

Bikes: Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I will watch the full videos later when work calms down but as Hack said, the group is way too fanned out and you need to take advantage of that, you are just being like everyone else and not following someone's wheel (I only saw part of the first video). For the amount of time and money you spend in this sport (you have a powermeter which is rare for a cat 5) you should work on conserving energy and staying close to people. I find that if I'm almost a bike length back, about 6 feet from a wheel, I need to do a few very hard pedal strokes to get back in the draft. A lot of times I find that I don't even know I'm in the draft until I lose someone's wheel or go to the side and then get hit with a wall of wind at 25+mph. Even if you are not following someone who is holding their position as well as you would like, if you practice staying on a wheel for 5 minutes you can conserve so much energy and save it for later. Also, find out who did well last race and if they are there again, try to use similar tactics as them. That's what I started working on.