Old 07-16-14, 01:36 PM
ChiroVette

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
First off, let's call a spade a spade here, shall we? Its a straw man argument to directly equate bike riding to driving a car as if that somehow answers all questions at all times in every situation. But, Tom, your belief that somehow driving a car down the wrong way is somehow roughly the same as doing so with a bike certainly answers a lot of my questions about why you are so hard core with regard to your position that "Them's the rules, and the rules are the rules are the rules, and that's that."

Look, with all due respect, Tom, I disagree with both you and longhorn. We could go on and on about this, and I have no problem debating an issue, but in truth I think that both of you, but way more militantly so longhorn, are so absolutely, inextricably, and unequivocally bound to your convictions that it would be, at the very least, counterproductive. Longhorn, my "rationalizations" are neither strained nor actually rationalizations. I gave apt answers to questions posed to me, and that's pretty much that.

longhorn, seriously, dude, you need to lay off the caffeine, or at least the hyperbole. Equating my driving down a basically empty street with causing a car to run over a baby-stroller is not only absurd hyperbole, but pretty laughable, to be frank. Seriously, you don't have to use wild-eyed, overblown exaggerations to make your points. You want to say that I am technically breaking the law, fine. I'll cop to it, and did. But, longhorn going off with the forum equivalent of a rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth rant over minor traffic violations is...well, it's entertaining, I'll give you that.

I don't mind a spirited debate about the relative merits of obeying traffic laws, and I am steadfastly willing to go the extra mile to be civil, accommodating, and to discuss the issue like reasonable, well-intentioned adults. But longhorn, when you go the extra mile to go all right-wing-zealot-fairytale on me, you lose me.

Oh, and Papa Tom, no need to apologize. I understand your position, even the parts of it I disagree with. I accept the fact that holding the position you do comes with a certain measure of "judgement" because those are your values, and in your opinion, I am violating those values. I have no issues with your disagreement, by the way, and welcome anything further you have to say.

Last edited by ChiroVette; 07-16-14 at 01:42 PM.