Dannihilator
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by NoF3ar
Now you know this because youve tested both brands right? or you have some sort of reliable source right? or are you just speaking on personal preference.
Trek is just a company following trends, show no true improvements in their frames and rely on one roadie to get their name out in the market, not exactly the way to earn respect on the mtb side of things. Has a person ever won a UCI world championship once on a Trek downhill bike, nope. Fabien Barel the person who won the last two consecutive world championships was on what? A Kona Stab Supreme, not to mention the first two crankworx slopestyles was won by a rider on a Kona. Never hear a thing from trek on the cyclocross scene either, One of the most successful cyclo cross bikes ever in cyclocross races has been Kona's Jake the Snake lineup.

Trek will always be the laughing stock in the mtb world. They ditched a bike that was really good in the bruiser line and replaced it with a line that is extremely lacking in the jack line. With the Jack 3 how is that supposed to compete with bikes like the Kona Cowan, Kona Stuff, or Specialized's P series They haven't changed a thing on their xc bikes since 2000, their lineup is getting really stale.

To review, Kona makes an effort each year to improve their bikes even if the change is very small and Trek only changes paint color from year to year, and drop lines that are successful to ones that will likely tank big time.

Let me know when trek gets a clue of what their doing and make a good bike that can effectively match up with other makes of mountain bikes. I've assembled alot of treks, and to be completely honest I wouldn't let a friend ride one, thin tubing, poor looking welds WAY too much inhouse parts.