View Single Post
Old 07-17-14, 06:05 PM
Bicycle Addict

Bikes: Marin Bolinas ridge, Carlton Corsa 5, Falcon Olympic 12, 98 Shesh Rockhopper,

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Do you have a coop near you? If you have time you could volunteer there, that is where I made most of my C&V friends . . . although even there it is hard to find people who are into what I am, in saying that here in NZ we are going through a resurgence in people going out and buying C&V, I think this is happening all over the world.
You could also put a note up on the noticeboard asking for like minded people in your area?

I have realized that my wrenching time has almost become therapy, a chance to have some very quiet time by myself, I call it "Time to put the boxes away in my head", bike time has become my down time, so it has become some of the most positive time I have.
Getting robbed has put a spanner in the works there though, hoping to get back to a point soon where spare parts are flying and spanners turning.

Some people do not like to be alone . . . I like the balance between family/friend time and bike time, I was not always this way and just about got out of the hobby completely as I found it too lonely, I then had an epiphany and got into it more and more and more.

Bike forums IS my C&V community, full of great people, beautiful bikes. I sometimes take my Ipad on rides and on my rest stops, have been known to check in with Bike forums!!
I have learnt 70 percent of what I know HERE, a great place.

Why not try organizing a "Social Media" ride with a few C&Vers that live in a similar timezone to you?. Organize a start time, then a rest time and communicate with each other via cellphone? Sounds goofy I know but I did it a while ago with a mate who lives at the other end of NZ and it was quite cool.

Last edited by Bicycle Addict; 07-17-14 at 06:40 PM.