View Single Post
Old 07-17-14, 11:42 PM
Hermespan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not inspiring... 'Be realistic' my physio says: "Stop cycling, for good. And if you won't do that, then no hills and low gears." I heard her saying to the young athlete beside me "Muscles are resilient, and the get a lot of blood flow. They heal. Ligaments less so. Cartilege doesn't regenerate." In interuppted her private conversation, shocked: 'Uh, is my knee damage ligament or cartilage?' "Cartilage, you're missing part of your knee now. It won't grow back."

She is good. Well, what do I onow. Her treatments seem to help and she is educating me. But the main reason I continue is her fees are affordable abd she is in the neighbourhood, right at my closest swimming pool. But you get what you pay for. She sees three clients at the same time, flitting between us like a dentist. She tests by maneuvering my leg yo gauge strength, pressing on my knee for sensitivity, uses some electrical device called IFC plus a muscle stimulator. But tonight she left me for multiple sessions, including one of 18 minutes, doing my own thing (exercises). I thought physio would be one- on-one, as indeed it is in Malaysia. I will continue with her weekly hour sessions but also take a sample paid session with a more expensive physio at a bike fit centre for $80. See if it's actually better value. I felt sorry tonight for woman being quickly shown an exercise, then left alone without having verify by seeing the patient do it correctly, doing it wrong abd ten minutes later being corrected. I can use youtube - from tutoring I expect hands on attention.

Time to buy a wobbly board to strengthen my balance (leg muscles?)