Old 07-18-14, 09:00 AM
Matty86

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptWiggly
Hi, new to the forum and thinking about getting on a road bike....well actually I want to try a sprint triathlon and I need a bike to train/ride.

Since January I have been working my ass off, I started this year at 306lbs and I am now 238lbs. and still working at it. I ran my first 5k last month in Boston at the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge. I need another challenge (sprint triathlon sounds good to me, I have been swimming to train/lose weight also) to keep me motivated. I am 6'3", I don't have a lot of money to throw into a bike, hell I don't have a ton of money for the new clothes I need. Have you ever had your pants/shorts fall off while you were trying to put on a belt to keep them up? At least I can go to JCP, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx for sales, no so much for a bike.

Anyhow, about a bike, I don't really know where to start. I can pick something from craigslist and get a road bike, but will I get the right thing for the right price? I have no idea. I think I need at least a 60cm or 25" because I have a 34" inseam, but what do I know? Just whats on the internet I guess.

Maybe you can help, that's why I joined this site.
If you find a good shop in the Worcester area let me know. I'm looking to buy my first bike (since I was like 12 at least..). From looking around online it actually sounds like the shop in Southbridge may be one of the best places around to check out...