View Single Post
Old 07-22-14, 11:38 AM
waq123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@wheelsmcgee
Fuji 1.5 cross looks very appealing! (Fuji Bikes | ROAD | CYCLOCROSS SERIES | CROSS 1.5)

Aren't touring bikes usually a heavier metal to account for the bigger loads they'll be experiencing? If I had the option of having two bikes I would, but I have to get rid of my old road bike if I want to get a new bike for financial reasons.

@fietsbob
That makes sense. Can you recommend some of those hybrid bikes with drop bars?

Yes I am very familiar with the troubles of having a bike on campus. I have a single U-lock that usually takes care of the frame and rear wheel and then I have cable lock to keep the front wheel tied to the frame. I'm thinking about getting another smaller U-lock for the front tire but I'm still unsure if I need it. I'm thinking if I get a newer bike, it would be smart of me to invest in one.

@Everyone

Can anyone speak on behalf of the functional differences between derailleurs? I mean I don't really care about weight, mostly if shifting actually feels different on higher end models or not? SRAM or Shimano? Big differences between SORA v. Tiagra? Tiagra v. 105? That kind of comparison would help when comparing all of these bikes