harshbarj

Bikes: Trek Belleville, Workcycles opa, Schwinn

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
Dan, are those pounds or kilograms?

@harshbarj, something is wrong. I think your experience is not normal.
All I can say is I have seen a LOT of similar complaints online.

I rode that bike to work today and same issues really. super slow takeoffs from a red light and a general feeling like I am trying to pedal in tar. I did notice today that the harder I stomped down the more the hub seemed to resist. If I took it easy I got up to speed faster than standing up and giving it everything I have. Which is odd as on EVERY other bike I have, when in low gear I can almost flip the bike. On the N360 I can't ever get the front tire off the street. Not that that's something I want to do, but feel it's a clear indicator that the power I put in is just not reaching the wheel.

Sad as I like the overall feel, the smooth rolling and the smooth shifting. The hub is also whisper quiet, something I can't say of any hub I own, even a classic derailleur has more noise. I'd say it's almost on par with a single speed. If it was not for the efficiency thing, I would HIGHLY recommend it. At this point, outside of recreational use in flat areas and where speed is not important, I just can't recommend one. If you want one, test ride it first. Don't buy it unseen.