Thread: My Morning Rant
View Single Post
Old 07-24-14, 09:43 AM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 944 Post(s)
Liked 1,980 Times in 566 Posts
Originally Posted by Northwestrider
It's quite normal for people to be bothered by others that do things differently than themselves. Just do what we think is best, let others go if possible.
That's just it. I don't mind ... in fact, LIKE the fact that that people do things differently. I'm a bit of a contrarian my myself, as I'm sure a lot of us cycling kooks are. And the fact that it's rude, dangerous or what not is also something I can deal with. I don't like it, but heck ... there are a lot of things I don't like. What frosts me (and again, this is likely a personality flaw on my part) is when I can't make any sense of it. Joeyduck's comments and questions were actually helpful.

Originally Posted by Dudelsack
A woman gets depressed. She eats a lot. Her husband gets unhappy. She eats even more. Her husband leaves her for a skinny chick twenty years younger. She gets really fat and hires a crap divorce lawyer. She gets taken to the cleaners. All she can afford on the salary she makes at the Waffle House is a subcompact.
Smartass.

I love Waffle House. I wish they had 'em here.

Originally Posted by wphamilton
I think that type of behavior has to do with personality and not what their speed is relative to others. Nor their kit or type of bikes.
No doubt. But consider this ... Are those with that personality more likely to buy the $5,000 bike and $300 kit?

You know what I think? I think I think too much. Trsnrtr has it right:

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
Life is short. No use stressing out over something one can't control. Time for another ride.