Old 07-24-14, 04:00 PM
Wspsux

Bikes: Waterford, Salsa, Rivendell

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Terps
Hello all, im new to fixed gear/single speed riding and the forum. Ive just recently sold my car and just moved to the DC metropolitan area. Ive done a lot of research on which bikes are worth my hard earned scratch and which ones arent. At the moment Im sort of stuck with how much ( i should say how little) wool I can dole out. Ive got about $550 that I can comfortably spend. My original idea was to buy a used bike and get used to riding and give the whole thing a fair shake before I started to spend some big bucks and customize my own ride. Anyway heres where Im at right now. Im a beginner and Im at a standstill between the 1/8 Scrambler and Fuji Feather.

Im leaning towards the Scrambler because I can customize it with some fairly decent optional components; all-city crank, wheels, and cogs..etc and stay under $600

The Fuji Feather comes with basic components at around $550, but ive heard theyre fairly reliable bikes.

Just moved to DC, im looking for a reliable commuter bike that will get me back in forth comfortably, but im also looking for a ride I can mash around the city that can take some knocks.

Sorry for the huge dialouge. Im open to constructive advice. Annnnnnnnnd GO!

Thanks
I like the raw frame of the eight inch, however I hate the unicrown fork?

Which do you like better?