Old 07-24-14, 08:56 PM
alaskadude

Bikes: Surly OGRE, Surly LHT Deluxe w/S&S couplers,novara safari, raleigh MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mdilthey
I was disappointed that he spelled "disappoint" wrong in his first sentence.

That sentence was:

I expected Ortlieb's panniers to dissapoint me even BEFORE I bought them, so I was a bit biased.

That's literally the worst way to begin a review I've ever heard. i already want to discount about every critique he might have. But let's read on...

Six paragraphs in a row about "lack of organization."

Two paragraphs about "These waterproof panniers are too waterproof."

I don't know who this guy is, but jeez, I can't fathom how this is useful other than sarcasm or for a circlejerk for the crowd that hates conformity (to which I am often a premier member).
well, we all tend to ramble on a little sometimes. It was a good blog he wrote. But I like one big pack instead of many little compartments. This way I find I can get a lot more in. I find lots of small compartments a PITA and can never remember where I put something. I like that there are no zippers--nothing to break and I can fix them on the side of the road. "Too waterproof" Is that an oxymoron or am I using the wrong word.
Anyway, Im looking for a 40 liter big bag with straps instead of zippers and 'too waterproof' and so he convinced me to get a set of these for my first trip.