Old 07-24-14, 09:13 PM
forestfairness

Bikes: twbent electric assist recumbent trike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lithium batteries????

i have a few questions regarding lithium batteries....i am not so knowledgable yet, but evidently there are several different types of lithium batteries nowadays with different performance levels.... i am considering changing me 48 volt alloy metal battery pack from bussetti bikes i got about 3 years ago... what i am wondering is, is the statement below accurate??? :
==========================
BYI Deep Lithium Batteries - New Super Duty Green Machine 700 lbs. loading Max,* 2 riders, Soft Pack BYI Super Lithium BatteryRides*35-45 miles*for each battery*& 70 minute high speed charger.* Full Drum brakes and heavy duty motorcycle parts all aro

These 52 volt 11ah and 15ah BYI soft pack Lithium Ion batteries are a major technology breakthrough. The technical name is Lithium Nickel Maganese Oxide (LiNiMnO2) strip cell soft pack battery. This is a big leap forward from the LifePO2 batteries because it holds 45% more usable power per pound (very low safety shut off) than common Li-on (LifePO4) batteries. It also does not heat up while charging or using. BYI softpack Super Li-ion can last 300-400% longer than other Li-on types and this allows us to give a 3 year 2000 charge FULL REPLACEMENT WARRANTY on the battery and motor. Normal Li--ion batteries have a 65% safety shut off setting so you are not allowed to use the other Third of the stored charge. This is to avoid damage to the battery caused by heat and low voltage. BYI soft pack strip cell technology solves this problem by not having any metal structure inside the battery which allows BYI to use over 92% of all power in the battery every time. This is possible because BYI batteries don't heat up during charging or usage.
============================
and another question is there some reliable company in china that makes these batteries a bit cheaper than bussetti does??... it appears to me that bussetti is simply buying them from china and putting their name on them....

several companies in china sell Li-on (lifePO4) lithium batteries for considerable less cost, if i can't find this new improved LiNiMnO2 type for a better price, do you suggest going with the older type lifePO4 type???... are these newer type batteries worth twice the price???

one more question, can we use the same kind of charger for various types of lithium battery????... or do chargers have to match each type of various lithium battery???.... thanks, forest