Old 07-25-14, 04:42 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by alan s
I would have done something gentle, like cutting the frame of the offending bike to free my bike. Only requires a simple hacksaw. Easier than cutting a lock, which can be dealt with when you get home with proper tools.
Of course, we are all such tough guys on the internet. What if that didn't free your bike. Now you've vandalized their bike and yours is still immobilized. You see where anger gets you? That's why there are so many senseless acts of real heartbreaking proportions. A small thing like this goes unresponded to. And another. Did you know that in no other country on earth are psychopaths found? True. An honest to god borderline personality is totally an American phenomenon. Its because their is so little accountability, yet so much justification for over the top retribution. It starts in child-hood and is nurtured throughout adolescence. You may never be so stupid as to lock your bike to someone elses but you may one day be careless enough to park your SUV in a way that prevents someone else from getting out of a parking spot. Maybe they stop at smashing your passenger side mirror when enacting their revenge. Maybe not. I saw a car where they didn't... it wasn't pretty. FWIW.

H (nope, it wasn't mine. car free)