Old 07-25-14, 05:51 PM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Regardless of whether it was a X-mart $50 special or a $10k CF wonderbike,I would've been peeved that someone a)immobilized my bike with their lock and b)had enough disregard for me as to put their pedals in my wheels. Anyone who does that,is in fact a punk.

I've never had someone I didn't know lock to me,but I did lock to someone once to teach them a lesson. Without typing a book,the person would lock up in front of a bar they didn't go into using a mini-lock that held their bike so close to the rack that no-one else could use it without locking to them. So I locked to them once to teach them a lesson. Dude was mad,but I,my good friend the bartender,and my other friend the bouncer were all larger than he was,and there was a police substation across the street. Afterwards he started locking to a meter by himself. Lesson learned.

Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Sounds kind of "snobby" to me; what makes your bike "better" than somebody's pride and joy? Is it the brand name on it, the price you paid for it, or its LBS provenance?
My bikes are better than yours. Truth.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X