Old 07-26-14, 01:16 PM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by gear64
The image is misinterpreted. It's not about toughness or lack there of in the case of footballer. It's about cheating the system. For the cyclist it's doping. Although I'm sure there's plenty of doping footballers as well. Never played at high enough level to witness that, but plenty of jersey pulling, tripping, and intentional handballs. I'm sure competitive cyclists have the equivalents of those offenses as well. The two are not so different.
To a first approximation, there are no doping footballers. (Bad meat can plausibly take out a team.) The few positives are for PDDs.

And to a first approximation, there are three types of cyclists in Le Tour. Those who have been caught, and those who are yet to be caught. (Bad meat? GMAFB!) (Domestiques don't have to dope, they have to carry water. And have "asthma." And test what cocktail of low dose *erols don't test positive with current testing.)

Again, to a first approximation, Weight lifting, T&F, Swimming, Cycling, Baseball (ben berry berry gud to me) and American Football are where PEDs show up consistently. (Non performance enhancing but widely abused add in body building, "professional" wrestling, and bikini modelling. OK, the last one was Roger throwing his wife under the bus - on Valentine's Day no less. Frosty day in the Clemen's house in Texas.)

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 07-26-14 at 01:43 PM.