Old 07-27-14, 12:01 PM
Jacque Lucque

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Your ideal summer season of racing (N. America)

Hey all, been a long time since I was active on here!

I've recently finished my studies at uni and have secured a fixed-term job until next May. (An art graduate with a job?!) I never took the opportunity to travel before uni and have my sights well fixed on next summer.

I've got family in Kelowna and have always fancied travelling in the states. I also have a passion for long distance riding and the current pipe dream is to fly out with two bikes, buy a wee van, live out of said van and travel the country for a season, racing as much as I possibly could in endurance gravel and mountain bike events.

If you had this open schedule, where would you start your journey and which events would you say were unmissable? As I said, my focus is on longer mountain bike and gravel events, but longer stage races which aren't extortionate in cost are also of interest. I'd like to see a bit of everywhere, perhaps starting in the East, heading cross country (gravel territory!) before hitting the West Coast and eventually up to Kelowna.

This is a long term ambition so throwing around so groovy ideas is the aim at this stage (:

Cheers,

Jack