View Single Post
Old 07-27-14, 01:16 PM
MRacing

Bikes: Calfee Dragonfly, Comotion Java, Time, Cervelo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
Plowhorse, I think you can see the hydro lines routed in one of the pics above. There is a channel along the captains seat tube joint and then cable-type guides along the stokers top tube and seat stay down to the caliper. Keeps it accessible and serviceable.
I asked about the lugged construction and appearance(which I would have liked) on the dragonfly singles. However the construction of the tandem frames require the tube junctions to be wrapped rather than lugged so that detail is lost. The tubes are still the carbon/boron spec and very light/stiff and the unidirectional wrap at the head tube looks amazing.
Many owners go for the bare carbon look but we work and handcraft carbon fiber goods(whole other topic) so we wanted something more. We struggled with paint options(who doesn't?) until we settled on the white pearl/cab red fade, and kept some clear carbon highlights on the front, rear inside triangle, and the Calfee names are actually stenciled relief around the carbon. I think it came out pretty slick