Old 07-28-14, 08:22 AM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by italktocats
did you happen to almost hit a tree, curb, parked car or mailbox? any other object w/o lights that wasnt a cyclist?

im my experience, the only object cars seems to hit that doesnt have lights, are cyclists, ANY other object is magically seen..
Oh common, when is that last time a tree, curb, parked car or mailbox blasted out of an alleyway and split traffic going the wrong way?

Generally trees, curbs, parked cars or mailboxes are not doing the squirrel dance in traffic; instead they are sitting patiently, and stationary, by the side of the road. Oh, and ask anyone who lives in a rural area, trees and mailboxes get hit pretty often. Back when I had a car I once found it sitting in the middle of the road with a "Sorry dude, I hit your car but he brake was on so I couldn't push it back" note on the windshield (It was a chevette, those things were built like tanks, no damage was done).