View Single Post
Old 07-28-14, 03:41 PM
tamerair

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?

I am 53 years old I ride a Carbon fiber Felt brand F5 road bike. Light weight and and aggressive style head stock for racing position.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?

I do not take anything, before my ride every morning I eat a bowl of cereal or drink banana milk then in the half of my ride (of 40 miles) I take a energy drink.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?

I am much faster than I was 10 years ago. My average ride of 40 mile ride ends between 18-20mph Avr. That inludes 10-20% grade climbs with 50mph downhills

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?

I rode bikes all my life but after 40 I became very serious rider, plus being UCI pro cycling racing enthusiast pushed me to become a better amateur cyclist, it is my passion.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides.

I do high tempo training rides on my road bike, also long rides. I ride as long as up to 135-150 miles per ride on weekends and 40 miles in the mornings before work (7:00am to 9:30am) . Regardless my age which I don't feel it my body is totally adapted to this. I hope to continue this many more years.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?

I ride 6-7 times a week, around 10,000 miles a year.

7. Do you do any other physical activities

I only ride my bikes for now.

This is what I learned about myself and human body. It is an organic machine, it becomes only stronger if you keep training and resting it, it an amazing machine and it can do more than you think. I am as fast as 30 year old cyclists. I climb the highest mountains in America with no difficulty such as Mount Evans etc.. I think cycling is 70% mental strength than physical, if you think it is difficult and you can't do it then you already accepted the defeat and you are right you can't do it. If you are mentally strong you can climb the highest mountains at any age.