Old 07-29-14, 01:53 PM
mstraus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ill.clyde
ACK!

Got to work this morning, was down in the locker room, reached down to pick up my pack by the handle and this happened.

I literally ordered this, one year and 10 days ago. I haven't had to do a return/exchange at REI since before they tweaked their returns policy, which now says "one year" from purchase date. I'm hoping they'll cut a member some slack and work with me here. I'd really love an exact replacement, but the current model's colors are bright blue, or grey with bright green (hi vis almost).

And honestly, I probably wouldn't attempt to return it, but I noticed the shoulder strap on the same side is starting to fray a little and I really don't want that to break.
Bummer.

I would take it to REI. The new policy was to stop some habitual abusers. This is a REI branded product, if it failed on you like this there is a very good chance they will stand by it and either replace it or give you credit towards the new model. I have seen them bend the policies before, just ask to speak to the manager.

If you do upgrade to the new model, I am curious to see how they have improved it (if at all).