TransitBiker
contiuniously variable

Bikes: 2012 Breezer Uptown Infinity, Fuji Varsity

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dynaryder
No,the fender mounting hole on the seatstay bridge doesn't go all the way through. And the rims are disc only,so you'd have to get new wheels as well.
If you look closely, there are holes on the seatstay tubes where you would mount rim brakes if your wheel was for use with them. It does not look like the fork has them, however manufacturers can put a disc only fork on a frame that elsewhere in their product line or at one time had rim brakes. For example, my breezer's frame has the mount points for the wheel lock they used to use but no longer include. I could get a wheel lock & in theory and mount it there no problem. There are also mount points on other bikes i've test ridden recently that clearly indicate a range based on one frame, with different component sets aimed at different market segments and their correlating price points.

My biggest issue with the BB Commuter is they decided to put form over function and mount fenders that only clear 28mm slicks. If you want to run anything wider(and I def would on a bike with a straight blade alloy fork),you need to replace the fenders.
Totally agree. Commuter models should always at the very least allow clearance for decent fenders if not come stock with them, and not just tiny little narrow metal/plastic strips that in reality do not cover nearly enough, especially on the back of the front wheel and the top and front of the back wheel.

- Andy