View Single Post
Old 07-31-14, 07:40 AM
ZEON

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Judging from the skewers I guess the hubs are CampI Victory as well as the seatpost and pedals.

I think the parts mix is too eclectic for it to be stock, and it could go either way with the post, pedals and hubs being stock or the headset, cranks, and brakes. I am going to go with the cranks, brakes, and HS being stock and the wheels and derailleurs being replacements/upgrades. The derailleurs may have been changed from Ofmega to get smoother shifting.

The bottom bracket threading would not be on the shell but on the bottom bracket cups. is there any printing on the dropouts or forkends?

Where is this bike? Another puzzling thing is the style of decals and B on the fork crown point to an earlier model or a Orient made model. The round Campione del Mundo would suggest this is an '88 or 89 model or maybe a very late '87 (the only year for that type sticker in the US anyway)

I suspect this a mid '80s Nuovo Alloro or Squadra.

I do not see anything written on the bracket cups or on the dropouts and forkends.
The bike is in Switzerland. I bought it from Ticcino, close to the Italian border. If any parts were changed on the bike, it must have been done by the dealership, I do not think the person who rode it changed anything. The bike seems to have been ridden only a few times, so I do not think the owner would have bothered to upgrade anything.