Thread: kilo help
View Single Post
Old 08-01-14, 09:41 PM
wstudio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was a bit overwhelmed during my post however thanks for the advice. I didn't bring it to a LBS and wanted to do it myself. Also I was already putting out too much money as it was. At this time everything is sorted except the clicking noise from the freewheel cog. However the bike is on the road working just clicking. If I flip to the fixed gear it doesn't click. It worked out well cause I can feel the difference in the courier crankset. If I had to do it over I would have just bought the frame. I have the stripper model as the pro was out of stock.

I got the cranks installed after another park tool investment. It was easier then I expected. I got the stem on after ordering a 1 - 1 1/8 shim. All 26mm stems that I could find were 1 1/8. Replaced the seat clamp. I didn't have any issues stripping bolts on the replacement parts.

The brakes were installation issues got that sorted. Now just need to stop the clicking noise.

Want me to post a pic? So you guys can laugh at handy work and make sarcastic comments at my newbie mistakes. I have had bikes in the past but that was over 20 years ago.