View Single Post
Old 08-02-14, 10:55 PM
Ygduf
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bikes: aggressive agreement is what I ride.

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
CCCX 2/3 race. 2nd/15.

Interesting finish in that we were to race 75 minutes. The judge at the line showed us 2 to go. We get to the line and my breakmate (2 man move for 30min) starts sprinting. I start yelling at him "1 to go" and then I'm like "eh, he's trying to solo" so I settle in. We get to the line and the judge is there with a card reading "1" and breakmate looks at me and I'm like "yeah, your a ****ing idiot."

I attack him, I solo for the lap and win by 60s with him chasing the whole way. Get to the end and the judge was like "sorry, you did an extra lap. race was over last lap."

I argue that the sign is still there, on the table, with the "1" on it. Why were you holding it? It was a 75 min race and we finished at 73 min ont he "extra" lap. A bunch of weak excuses and mumbling. Basically he just screwed the pooch. I know this guy, I'm not out to make a scene but I'm definitely pissed. I don't know for certain I'd have won, but I would have liked to try.

I know my breakmate too. Friends with him. **** it. 2nd it is. 2 more points.

CCCx p12 6th/13.

2 Domestic Pros are there. Great. Whistle blows, pros go, as we're all desperately chasing we basically end up with the 2 of them OTF and 4 of us (one, my very strong c1 teammate) in a chase. Everyone else is long gone. We aren't catching the 2 up the road, but my teammate is ****ing me over. Seriously, like attacking after I just pulled, etc. I am like WTF. Turns out he agreed to give another super-strong c1 in our move 3rd for some points series they care about. 4th guy in the group is the guy I carpooled with. I let him have 5th after the 2 extra-strong cat 1s got away (my own "teammate" attacking us to get the gap.)

******' eh. I'm livid. I worked for that dude, sitting in boring ass chase groups covering moves and giving up any chance I had to place so breaks he was in could stay away. Just typing it makes me angry.

Last edited by Ygduf; 08-02-14 at 11:20 PM.