Old 08-04-14, 06:58 AM
BrieLikeDcheese

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Woman here. Buying a new bike and need suggestions! (Bad back in Jacksonville, FL)

Hello, female in my 30's here. Wasn't really sure where to put this question, but thought this would be a good place in the end.
I suffer from a pretty bad back, but I still love riding a bike to get to a lot of places. I need suggestions for something within my price range, which is about $200. I know that's not much, but it's all I can do. I want something with coaster as well as front breaks OR just front breaks. I need and a really comfortable seating. I just need it for flat terrain and occasional hilly roads, so maybe a 7 speed would be a suitable option? Is it possible to find this within my budget? I know front breaks cost more, but I don't feel safe with back breaks. Also, I am probably pushing it with this, but I really need it to come with a rack for panniers, as i'll be doing a lot of grocery shopping with it. Is my only option stores like Target and Walmart for this price range? Oh also, I am 226 lbs if that matters in terms of weight restrictions.

I have already read the hell that people went through with Bikes Direct and I too stepped into that seventh circle a few years back. I came out with an expensive dutch gravity hybrid. I did love it a lot, but it fell apart within the year and the tires were awful. They were supposed to be the best they had and they went flat every other day! I have it sitting here begging for a replacement. I was wondering if i could trade it into them... but I don't want to go back there. The guy was such an *******. This is the owner at the Bikes Direct in Jacksonville, FL at Saint Johns Town Center. I hate dealing with him. He's condescending and very unhelpful. Plus, I really think I was jipped. the bike is useless now, btw. Completely flat tires, broken gears, broken kick stand...

Help very much appreciated!