Old 10-19-05, 12:20 AM
randya

Bikes: who cares?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by noisebeam
I bought the short stem about a year ago, but never got it to work, so I returned it. About 6mo. ago I bought the long stem (standard) version and still can't get it adjusted to a positoin that lets me turn my head a bit to the left and see what is going on behind me. All I see is the very top of my shoulder, my bag strap and mostly the top of my bag. When I am wearing a looser shirt it puffs up a little bit and blocks the entire view (it only takes about 2" of height above my shoulder to block the entire rear view.)

Al
Hmmm....I adjust mine so i see the strap of my helmet and the top of my shoulder (both, barely) in the right / lower edge of the mirror...you might need (for a wider BMX helmet) to bend the metal bracket a bit; probable up and either out or down...I'm not trying to flame you, just trying to help; the long-stem TAL mirror works great for me on one helmet w/ multiple bikes...but I ride pretty upright and if you're riding in the drops it might be a little harder to get a good view, and a handlebar mirror might work better...