Thread: My Morning Rant
View Single Post
Old 08-06-14, 11:11 AM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked 1,986 Times in 569 Posts
^ Lol ... that sir, is a great rant.

And an interesting premise. Why indeed would we expect anyone to act other than in a way that serves their own selfish interests?

I read somewhere that the difference between most animals and humans (and some of the higher apes) is our ability to place ourselves in the other person's position and view things from their perspective. There are days I believe there are a lot of apes doing better than some humans in that respect.

I digress. So why the hell does anyone do the right thing, when it's not in their selfish best interest? Maybe they never do. Maybe the only reason people act civil to one another is because doing so makes them feel better, not because it makes the other guy feel better. In other words, maybe they are acting in their own selfish best interest, as they were trained to do during those earlier superstitious times.

Too much thinking for the undersized cranium I was blessed with. So much better to give the miscreants the finger and let it go at that.