Old 08-06-14, 12:42 PM
johnread

Bikes: Surly LHT, Pashley Guv'nor, Pilen Sport, and other stray pups

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This will be a fascinating discussion that will influence selection of my next bike. I'm a commuter/long distance/sport/touring rider and have owned the gamut of different bikes - steel racers from the '80's, carbon racers from this decade, mountain bikes, etc. and enjoyed them both. But now that I am 60+ in age, a little rounder than I once was, and leaning more toward comfortable 50 mile rides, I'm not convinced that one bike is going to be satisfying. So my stable of five bikes gives me some flexibility to match the bike to my mood and the type of ride I want. Earlier this year I built up a LHT as a sort of rando bike that could be used for commuting and touring. It has mid- to high- level components for the breed and is very comfortable. I think the component selection outclasses the Surly frame, so sometime next year I'll probably go frame shopping (Rivendell?) and continue the progressive search for nirvana. I have a feeling that I won't ever be totally satisfied with one bike that can do everything, but it sure is fun trying!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0022.jpg (103.3 KB, 277 views)