Old 08-07-14, 08:13 AM
mp3z24

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help. Need a purple bike for a boy ( 4 year old, 16 inch)

Alright, gender bias rants aside. I need help finding a purple bike for my 4 year old boy. His b-day is next month, and purple is his favorite color. He pretty much ended up in tears yesterday when I told him that I couldn't find a purple bike for him. I've scoured the net, and the only purple bikes I have found are extremely girly and usually lavender. I want purple... real purple... not lavender, mauve, periwinkle or otherwise. Best I have seen so far is the 2011 Mirraco Pre 16... right size, right color, wrong year. Obviously, this isn't going to work since my time machine just stopped working last week.

I've looked at all the major manufacturers, I've looked at the small sellers, the boutique brands, the niche market bike builders. I need help. I've even gone as far as emailing Mirraco/Trek to see if they have old stock sitting around in case of warranty claims on the purple Pre 16 (no response yet).

So, does anyone out there have suggestions, leads, etc? I want a decent bike that isn't going to fall apart before he outgrows it. I prefer new, but would be willing to consider used, if it was in really good shape. I'm trying to stay $250 or less for new.

Thanks in advance.

~mike