Old 08-08-14, 06:21 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3426 Post(s)
Liked 1,441 Times in 1,122 Posts
I actually see little need for this list, but if you think it important, please keep spending time on it.

Some of the bikes from this list are quite beautiful, but practically speaking I think other than a few Bike Fridays and a Co-Motion or two, I have not seen any custom touring bikes from this list out on the trails or in the hiker/biker sites. I own a couple Thorns but since they no longer make frames in their custom shop in the UK, they would not qualify for your list since their bikes are welded up in Taiwan to their standard specifications.

I do not know if any of the manufacturers on this list that are not on your list meet your criteria or not. But some might.
https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/...page_id=148052

I also do not know if Koga or Santos should be on your list or not based on your criteria. I have never seen a Koga, but they are occasionally mentioned on this forum. A few months ago I saw a pair of Santos touring bikes at a campsite next to the campsite I was in, they clearly were purpose built for the task.

If a builder only makes a unique non-mainstream bike, like Bike Friday which specializes in small wheel folders, you might want to note that next to their name on your list, that could make your list a bit more user friendly.