Old 08-11-14, 08:35 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by coppercook62
no shoes not yet
I blow way to much money on cycling.
A person does need to find a balance. A lot of stuff I see people buying is to upgrade something that isn't even broken or worn out, yet they feel the need to upgrade, that's cool it's their thing, but the average person in reality doesn't have the money to be getting this sort of stuff, and a lot just throw the purchases on their credit cards and let the balance pile up costing a fortune in interest and all in the pursuit of trying to keep up with their friends or with the bike club or just so they look a certain way when riding. Obviously if a person has so much money that it spews out of their pockets then they can afford whatever they want and they deserve it! I rarely upgrade a bike, in fact I can't recall when I did! All my bikes, even my racing bike I bought new in 84 never got upgraded, of course I had to replace wheels and gears as they wore out but I never went and upgraded stuff like the steel fork to a carbon one, or aluminum rims to carbon, etc, nor upgraded say the wheels before they wore out. I kept all my replacement parts close to stock specs to keep the price of this sport/hobby down. I guess I'm weird that way.

Before some of you start throwing stones at me, note I did say if you have the extra cash to buy whatever you want then you deserve to buy whatever you want. But if you're constantly banging the credit card and never paying off the balance 100% at the end of the month, and or delaying buying your kids clothes (or whatever), or the interest from the credit card is taking money out of the family budget so you can have your toy upgraded then there's something wrong with your priorities!