Old 08-11-14, 12:47 PM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
I enjoyed my 6th Dairyland Dare. I met a few friends while on the road and chatted with a few new people along the way. I don't ride with anyone for more than a few miles. I like to milk all the speed I can from each descent, while I'm perfectly happy climbing at 4 mph for ten minutes at a time. Most cyclist drop me and pull out of sight on the next uphill, and no one enjoys 40+ mph on the descents more than me. I was careful and kept my speed to about 20 mph or less while traveling down Rosey Ln. I know the lose gravel caused at least one trip in an ambulance on that descent.

After 5 straight years of 150km rides, I was very satisfied with the 100km distance this year. The route had several long 400ft vertical climbs, each with a 12% kicker along the way.
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.

Last edited by Barrettscv; 08-11-14 at 01:54 PM.