View Single Post
Old 08-11-14, 07:01 PM
tw0sh0t

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie from Louisville, KY

Hi all. I purchased my Windsor Wellington 2.0 last year. I think I may have put about 80 miles on it roughly so far. I started out excited and strong last summer but somewhat tapered off. My family battles high blood pressure issues so I thought that getting into cycling would do me some good. I'm 6'2", 245lbs. I'm a big guy but I've been lifting weights pretty heavily for the last 10+ years so I have some meat on me. This of course is a concern with the bike itself due to my weight. It's not all fat mind you, I have a lot of muscle BUT I also recognize that I could definitely lose a good 30lbs or so of body fat to bring my weight down and improve my BP issues. Hence the cycling.

If anyone would care to comment on weight issues and some tips for my bike (it's stock) that would be appreciated.

We have the "Louisville Loop" here in town which is great for riding so I have a place to ride that is safe and free of cars. I'm not really interested in getting into racing or events although I'm not opposed to it.

When I ride I absolutely love the "zoning out" feeling I get as far as relaxation and not thinking about work, life, problems, etc. while riding. I think I stopped riding last summer due to not really having a place to ride that I didn't have to put up with traffic. I just bought at bike rack and it fits nicely on my Mustang GT without touching the spoiler (I baby my car too) so now I can transport it to these park areas where they have some nice distance tracks.

I served in the U.S. Military in both the United States Marine Corps with 5th Bat, 10th Marines 2nd Mar Div. And also the U.S. Army, 101st Airborne Division, HHC 3rd BDE "Rakkasans" until 2001.

Anyway, I'm here to learn from the experienced riders and be a part of the community. Thanks for reading.

3-5-7,
Darin