Old 08-11-14, 07:58 PM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by hack
My super novice thoughts. ~2:05-2:10 is where you really lost it. That should be a bit of a tailwind section and you guys were starting to bunch up. COULD have been a good opportunity for you to jump around the bunched group and back into the singlefile section. The next time around ~3:10-3:15 you've already fallen off and the pace had picked up to where most were strung out and it'd be tougher to get back in to place. Notice that as you're going around the short legs of the course the guys are already making the next turn before your coming out of yours. Way too far back.

If you jumped around at 2:05 or so, then you basically have to fight like mad to hold your position through the finish.
Yep you are right. Thank you for analysis. In retrospect looking at the video it is so obvious. I need to learn to read it during a race, and not the brain go blank(ish).

Originally Posted by shovelhd
In order to do what Jsut suggests, which I strongly agree with, you need to learn two skills. One, how to advance in the field from the inside, not on the edges. Two, how to defend your wheel at the front so you don't end up going backwards when it counts.
Thank you for clarifying. Any tips on both?