View Single Post
Old 08-12-14, 06:29 PM
smallwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by thugpipe
...I am not actually their biggest fan...
+1

nycewheels isn't a "bike shop", it's a showroom. what they are good at is using social media to market themselves and their products. that's fine. the "service" they offer, is selling you a bike and accessories. to their credit, if, for some ungodly reason you happen to be on the upper eastside, you can stop in there and buy a replacement mudflap for your brompton or similar.

bfold on 12th street is the real deal, however. when i was shopping for a folding bike they really indulged me and let me ride every damn bike they had. haha. after i decided on the brompton, i was invited back the following saturday for a group tutorial on how to properly fold and care for the bike. i was even chastised for sitting on the saddle when the bike was folded: "don't ever do that!" they also do organized foodie group rides... they'll also fix your bike. it's never happened to me, mind you, but i've heard that if you've done something stupid to damage your bike, they'll yell at you and charge you a $20 "dumbass surcharge". i like bfold.