View Single Post
Old 08-13-14, 06:24 PM
nun

Bikes: Rivendell Quickbeam, Rivendell Rambouillet, Rivendell Atlantis, Circle A town bike, De Rosa Neo Primato, Cervelo RS, Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Miles2go
OK, I'll share my "secret" in this regard. THESE

For those of you link-shy, Andiamo cycling liners. Two of these weigh less than one pair of high quality cycling shorts and they dry out much faster. They're very well made too. I've had the same 3 pair many years and they still look and function like new.

IMPORTANT: Then, wash the day's biking liner in the hotel sink along with the rest of the day's clothes, wring it all out, place it flat on a towel, roll the towel up and walk on the rolled up towel. Flip the towel by 1/4 turn and walk on it again. Unroll, drape the now damp clothes for the night. Very rarely seen this not result in completely dry clothes by morning.

Cheers
For below the waist wear I take one pair of baggy cycling shorts (no pad), two pairs of Rapha merino padded underwear, a pair of lightweight convertible trousers and some polyester/spandex running tights.

Merino Boxers With Pad | Rapha

If I am camping or staying in a hotel I just take my underwear, socks and jersey into the shower with me and stomp on them, wring out well and hang them up to dry. If they aren't dry by morning I hang them on my saddlebag and they dry quickly as I ride. In a hotel the towel trick works well, I wring the clothes out and then put them inside a towel and wring that out too, twisting really hard. If for some reason I can't wear my baggy shorts I can ride in just the underwear because they look just like cycling shorts.....or I can ride in the shorts from my convertible trousers or the leggings