Old 10-19-05, 05:20 PM
Helmet Head
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
Learning the basic principles of VC is easy, learning to integrate them easily into every ride requires practice and patience.
Exactly. Whenever someone says that actually applying VC principles in real time in real traffic is easy, it's pretty clear that that's someone who has not mastered VC.

Originally Posted by genec
BTW that was right from the URL...
No duh. My quote of Forester in #7, which you included in your quote of my post in your #9, was the last sentence of the section you quoted "right from the URL" in #9. Your need to mention that your quote was from the URL indicates that you did not read one or both of the quotes, and so did not recognize the connection. Sigh.

notice the use of the anti-bike lane sentiment and the encouragement of the vehicular cycling principle in the same paragraph. I would have to say that is a lot more than NOTHING. Did you read it?
Yes, I read it, and even quoted it. Apparently unlike you, I read words before I quote them.
Again, there is NOTHING in that entire page, much less the part you quoted, ABOUT WHETHER BIKE LANES SHOULD BE USED, much less whether VC is consistent or inconsistent with USING bike lanes.

Do you understand there is a difference between USING bike lanes, and SUPPORTING bike lanes?

You don't like bike lanes, Forester doesn't like bike lanes; both you and Forester tout VC... therefore Bike Lanes and VC must not mix, eh?
Sorry, but I don't know how to prevent misconceptions that are formed from wild and irrational logical leaps like this.