View Single Post
Old 08-17-14, 10:10 AM
Fahrenheit531 
52psi

Bikes: Schwinn Volare ('78); Raleigh Competition GS ('79)

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 802 Times in 391 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
I think it is a huge joke that some wont take even a slight step to protect themselves.
What brand is your bulletproof vest? People get shot every day. Lots of 'em. If only they had taken a slight step to protect themselves, as I'm sure you have, they'd be just fine. And toilet locks! Did you make sure to put locks on all your toilets when your children were young so they couldn't fall in and drown? It happens. And toilet locks are a real thing. Snake juice. Chainmail suit for dogs/wolves/sharks (shame it's ineffective against bullets or we could kill two birds with one stone here).

Jesus hell man, there are so many dangers! If we just take a slight step to protect ourselves against each of them, we'll finally be ... say it with me now ... absolutely safe.

No thanks.

[Edit: Holy cow. Two posts in this thread and my sarcasm meter is off the charts. Gonna go ahead and eject. Leave it to the professionals.]
A race bike in any era is a highly personal choice that at its "best" balances the requirements of fit, weight, handling, durability and cost tempered by the willingness to toss it and oneself down the pavement at considerable speed. ~Bandera

Last edited by Fahrenheit531; 08-17-14 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Sarcasm run amok - ejection seat engaged.