Old 08-18-14, 12:46 PM
atbman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rachorno
Hi everyone -
I'm new to this board so forgive me if this has been asked before.

My son turns 4 in December and we are looking to buy him his first pedal bike this fall. I think he is a tad on the shorter side for his age... about a 16" inseam at the moment. He learned to balance on a Strider which he has been riding for about a year or so.

I am comparing between the Specialized Hotrock 12" or the Islabike CNOC 14" ... definitely want something light and easy to maneuver (for him to use without training wheels).

Does anyone know the height range each will accommodate? I have found a rather great deal on the 12" Hotrock (used), but if he is almost growing out of that model, maybe I would splurge for the Islabike which would last him longer.... However, I don't want him to be discouraged by a bike that is too big.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
If you go down the Islabikes route and want to know the size, go to http://www.islabikes.com/us/bike_pag...rt-USA_web.pdf - I don't know what their resale value in the US is (only very recently set up over there, but in the UK they can fetch 80+% on Ebay after a year or more's use. We use them at our club without any real problems, even when they're loaned out for races.