Old 08-19-14, 05:15 AM
cny-bikeman
Mechanic/Tourist

Bikes: 2008 Novara Randonee - love it. Previous bikes:Motobecane Mirage, 1972 Moto Grand Jubilee (my fave), Jackson Rake 16, 1983 C'dale ST500.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
You can't use the old hanger (may be bent anyway) but you can buy a new one and a separate derailleur.Rear Index Derailleur Hanger Derailleur Dropout Black Nut and Bolt Shimano SRAM | eBay

Also, there are numerous long cage bolt-on derailleurs available - Rear Index Derailleur Hanger Derailleur Dropout Black Nut and Bolt Shimano SRAM | eBay

All you have to do is Google bolt-on derailleur hanger to see multiple examples of hangers and derailleurs.

As for the chain, there's a good chance it may not mesh with your old freewheel/cassette.

Finally, I can't see them terribly well but those cones appear to be unevenly worn and pitted.

I'm afraid when all the above is considered it probably is not worth putting the money into the bike.

Please take a bit more care with your posting - very hard to read when you use no sentences and don't correct typos. We put effort into helping, please put effort into making it easier for us.

Last edited by cny-bikeman; 08-19-14 at 05:26 AM.