Old 08-19-14, 05:02 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by sknhgy
How important do you all feel about avoiding stress? I recently left teaching high school for a much less stressful job. An opportunity came up to teach for a few more years but I let it pass because I recall all the stress I used to experience. I'm soooooo much more relaxed now, and the $ on my retirement job is pretty much the same.
A life filled with stress, centered around our (now) adult children with disabilities, getting services for them, interacting and trying to change "the system" - still trying - changing a bureaucracy is a most difficult activity, compounded by the financial strains imposed by the situation of having only one wage earner (the other providing care), etc., etc. (We didn't have a nite out until we were near 60).

I think I can relate a number of my physical ailments at 74 to stress starting in my 20's. Stress is a killer.

Sometimes, reading this forum, I am jealous of those of you who seem to have had a different life, and of the financial success afforded by a situation of which I had no opportunity. But when I look at my now grown children (one who will shortly qualify for the 50+ age group), I realize it was and is now worth all the efforts and sacrifices.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 08-20-14 at 06:53 AM.