Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
===================
-- Official Ride Report --
===================
might be long...

I leave for the big ride this morning, everything's ready. I get on my bike and try to figure out how the heck these clipless pedals work. I pedal around the block a couple times trying to figure them out. After a few minutes of struggling with them, bam.. one is in... few seconds later, bam... the other is in. Here I am, all happy that I figured it out on my own. I then try to figure out how to take them off before I venture too far... struggling to get them off... no luck. I then tell myself that I'll figure it out during my long bike ride. After about a mile out, I still cant get either one off. Paying too much attention to them, I manage to run into the mountain, and I fall over.. One came off! Only problem is, I look at the pedal closely and realize the whole plate from the shoe stayed on the pedal! Now I'm thinking I didnt tighten the shoe plate thing enough, and that I'm doing it wrong.

I decide to head back home and figure this out before I go any further. I did a quick search on bikeforums, and find a thread about losening/tighting the pedals themselves... I grab my allen wrench, and find it was nearly on the tightest setting.. no wonder I couldnt get the dang things off!! Jeez!
I dunno if the people down at SuperGo thought it would be funny, or if it was just accidentel.. who knows.

I manage to get the plate off, loosen up the pedals, and after trying em out again.. they snap on/off nice and easy.. hehe.

The bike ride itself was awesome, man i love these shocks! I was out for about 3-4 hours trying to find the 'end' to these canyons... and when I thought I did... i climbed up the hill without my bike (would've been nearly impossible with it).. and I see that the trail still keeps going! By that time, my hands were nearly raw since I wasnt wearing gloves, so I decided to save those for some other day and head home. I ended up falling 3 times total, one was the collision with the mountain, the other 2 were when I tried climbing hills that were too steep, and I didnt get my feet unclamped in time.

Can't wait till I can head out again tomorrow... Lots of fun!