Old 02-05-03, 08:47 PM
Jean Beetham Smith 
Slow Moving Vehicle

Bikes: Felt F-70, Terry Madeleine, Novara Safari fully customized by me

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It is hard in the winter when you find yourself talking about a good time and mean it only took 10 minutes to put on gloves, ear covering, helmet, 2 pr socks, heavy boots, jacket, etc.. Of course with all that crap on your actual trip time is terrible, usually 8 to 15 minutes longer than in the summer. And then there is all the planning about how much to wear, leave the front fender on or is it going to snow enough that you need to take it off, wipe that chain again, double check the tires, double check the batteries for lights, make sure the spare gloves & socks and jersey are dry & their bag is still sealed. Oh crap, I put the 2nd pair of gloves on before I locked the door, now I have to take them off again. Yeah, I like pushing my limits in the winter to find out what I can deal with, but I could do it all in 2 weeks. Give me sun, breezes instead of nor-easters, and 40F/5C, and I would be quite pleased, at least for another 2 or 3 weeks. I think I can hold out about a week before my helmet starts to sprout flora.