View Single Post
Old 08-21-14, 06:01 PM
livendive

Bikes: 2011 Specialized Roubaix Elite SL2 Apex, 1996 Gary Fisher Aquila

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another new Clyde here and have been for about 10 years, but put on an extra 25 lbs over the last two years while doing grad school at night in addition to a full time job (think 16 hours a day at a computer plus a couple more hours commuting in a car). I'm just shy of 6' and got up to 241. Now back down to 220 and done with school in a week...soo close to finishing at the same weight I started. My goal weight is 190.

Bad hips, bad neck, running was killing me. Dusted off my old mountain bike two months ago and put some road tires on it and have had fun doing 15-20 mile rides most of the weekends since, and 10ish mile rides in the evenings when I get home from work. Last night I bought a 2011 Specialized Roubaix Elite SL2 Apex with only 126 miles on it (basically brand new) and am excited to get working on longer distances. It sounds like at my weight I'm should expect to send my 23c's to an early grave and will want to get at least 25's after they're gone? The bike is all stock, as described here.